[IDV #QHL-162055]: Automatic termination

Tim-

This is Don.

> I'm afraid deleting ".unidata\idv\DefaultIdv\main.xml" did not help, the
> program continues to abort automatically upon launch.

Two other things you can try/look for:

- in the directory where the IDV was installed, see if there is a file that
beings with hs and ends with log (eg. hs-12902131.log).  That would indicate a
graphics card problem.
- You can try to edit the runIDV.bat script in the installation directory and
add a new line at the bottom:

pause

which will pause the script before it exits.

I'm guessing this is a graphics card issue.  Make sure you have the latest
driver for your graphics card.  Even new systems come with old graphics cards.

Don
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > Full Name: Timothy Carr
> > > Email Address: address@hidden
> > > Package Version: 2.9
> > > Operating System: XP Professional
> > > Hardware: AMD Athlon x64 bit Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, nVidia G-Force 8800 GTS
> > graphics card.
> > > Description of problem:
> > >
> > > When I launch the IDV (2.9), it loads until the main display window
> > > opens, whereupon the hints file would normally open. Before the actual
> > > hints window opens, the IDV exits automatically, without a prompt,
> > > and without an error message that I can read.
> >
> > Tim,
> >     There is a file you need to delete or rename before you launch the IDV,
> > it is main.xml under .unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/main.xml, it is likely this
> > file is corrupted somehow in the last time you run the IDV. Let me know if
> > this doesn't help.
> >

> > Yuan
> > >
> > > I wish I had more information to give you, but the termination happens
> > > so quickly that any error messages are lost when the terminal window
> > > closes. I tried updating Java, but that did not help.  I seriously
> > > doubt that the IDV is taxing my system resources, as it runs high-end
> > > games fluidly.
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: QHL-162055
> > Department: Support IDV