[IDV #PQE-356011]: Question about color bar

> > Full Name: Jonathan Tippetts
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 2.9b1 build date:2010-05-22 07:07 UTC
> > Operating System: Windows XP
> > Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9b1\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> > j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> > Description of problem: I am creating an animation using point data that
> > displays wind barbs, and when I load the data a speed color bar
> > automatically is attached to the wind barbs.  this is fine that there is a
> > color attached to it but I need to find a way to manipulate the color
> > scheme, because when I attach a background to is it makes the wind barbs
> > hard to see.
> >
> > I know that I can use the color bar editor to create my own scheme but it
> > is not giving me any option to change the on provided.
> >
> > The two things that I would like to be able to do is
> > 1. chande to color to just black
> > 2. change the color scheme

Yes, you can do these by editing the layout model. In the Dashboard window,
select the Displays tab, and select the data source you are running, and under
Layout tab, you will see an arrow like sign by "Lay Model:", click it will
bring a select menu, and click on Edit, the layout editor window will popup,
now you can do the editing, double click the symbol, another properties dialog
windon for the WindBard symbol will popup, In the Display tab window, you can
change the color to black, in Color by tab, you can delete the parm of "Map
Value of", finally, when you done, you click apply, and save a local copy of
this layout model. Here is a more detail menu:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/StationModelEditor.html

Yuan

> > Any help would be great
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jonathan
> >

> Jonathan,
> I am not sure what you mean by changing the clolr scheme. Could you upload a
> sample to our site:
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload
>

> I would like to try to first locally first.
>
> Yuan

Ticket ID: PQE-356011
Department: Support IDV