[IDV #XKW-332284]: Station time series plot not working

Hi Reinoud-

Thank you for the sample files.  The problem was that some of the altitudes for
the stations are missing and that was not being handled in the code.  A fix has
been checked in and will be available in the 2.9b1 release tomorrow.

Don Murray

> jeff mcwhirter wrote:
> > Hi Reinoud,
> >>
> >> However, selecting a station from the map display to look at the time
> >> series plot only works for the METAR stations, not for the others.
> >>
> >> There are some differences in the NetCDF format of the files. What are
> >> the requirements on the data to make the 'station select' feature
> >> work? (obligatory fields, atttributes,..)
> >>

> > The fields in the data shouldn't matter for selecting and displaying a
> > time series plot.  When the user selects a station at a particular time
> > the IDV looks at the parameters and tries to find a station id. It looks
> > for ID, IDN or an alias for ID or IDN. If it finds it then it looks for
> > other observations with that same id. If there isn't a recognizable
> > station id in the parameters then it uses the location of the selected
> > observation to find others that match.
> >
> > Can you send an example data file into address@hidden and
> > we'll look at it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff
>
> Attached are three example NetCDF files. As explained I can only select
> the METAR stations.
>
> I appreciate your help!
>
> Regards,
>
> --