[IDV #GUP-507321]: GFS Observation mismatch

Hi Walt-

> I turned off fast rendering globally, and it help somewhat. Now I get
> the obs zoomed out and not centered over the U.S. then when I zoom in I
> loose them. I have tried cycling the data, and bringing the point
> observation the to front, but nothing seems to help. I have attached
> screen shots I hope they help you.

If you loaded this from a bundle, the old setting are still set in the bundle.
Make sure Fast Rendering is turned off for the point data.  If this isn't from
a bundle, could you save the current state as a bundle and send it too me?

> Also, I found an easier solution to the Wind direction being reported as
> 0. I just set the scale parameter in the layout model for DIR to 0-.5
> scale by .001. This eliminates the wind barb completely.

Glad you found something that worked.  I'm still waiting hear back on action to
my inquiry to the McIDAS decoder folks.

Don

Ticket ID: GUP-507321
Department: Support IDV