[RAMADDA #UAR-718599]: Problem with harvester moving files

Hi Rich,

> We had the harvester set to leave our pile of files where they were,
> but then decided it would be good to have the files moved under
> control of RAMADDA so that when folks uploaded new files, they would
> all be in the same place.  So I removed the entries from RAMADDA,
> edited my Harvester so the box was checked, and also checked the box
> to compute metadata.  When I reran the harvester, it moved and
> cataloged most of the files, but not all.   It stopped with the Error
> messages below.
>
> So now I've got some files under RAMADDA and some not.    What should
> I do now?
> Do you think the problem was in moving the files or in computing the metadata?

That error was from the metadata. I cannot tell exactly it was but the string
length of the harvested metadata exceeded the database field length.

I will make a change to handle this error better so it doesn't blow the whole
harvest out of the water. So, you can either wait for this change (later today)
or run your harvester again over the remaining files without harvesting the
metadata.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: UAR-718599
Department: Support RAMADDA