[IDV #QFI-610149]: Inverted radar display

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I can no longer reproduce this error. The NEXRAD data always loads and
> displays correctly (not vertically inverted) now, even without a background
> image. (See attached screen shot.) I recently upgraded my Mac laptop to Snow
> Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.2). Perhaps this solved the problem? Below is the
> output from 'java -version':
>
> java version "1.6.0_17"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04-248-10M3025)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01-101, mixed mode)
>
> I have another question... I am starting to process the radar data with the
> University of Oklahoma's WDSS-II package:
>
> http://www.wdssii.org/
>
> I can't figure out how to load the resultant *.netcdf files into IDV. They
> are in a sparse-gridded lat,lon,height format. Do you know how to do this? I
> am attaching a few of these files.
>
> Thank you for all your help!
> Craig

Craig,
         I spent a few minutes to check out the netcdf file you attached, I
will have to admit that I don't understand this file at all, it is not a grided
dataset, it is not a radial dataset, it is a weird netcdf file. The dimensions
and the variables are not matched, we probably need to add a lot more
information before anything can be done in the IDV.

Yuan

> On Jan 29, 2010, at 7:59 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>

> > Hi Craig,
> >

> >> Yep, that works! See attached screenshot.
> >>
> >> What changed? I am running the same version of IDV as before.
> >>

> > To be honest we really don't know what is going on. In the past we have
> > experienced some visual oddities similar to what you had. Its like all of a
> > sudden the mind is thinking that things are flipped. However, with your
> > radar volume it was pretty clear that something was going on in the IDV.
> >
> > If you load in the original display that was showing the flipping is it
> > still a problem? Try adding a background image.
> >

> >> I sure appreciate your help - I love IDV!
> >>

> > We appreciate the comment. Thanks!
> >
> > -Jeff
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: QFI-610149