[IDV #VOD-576406]: WMS support

Hi Jim,
This is Jeff.

> Thanks for being so patient with me, I really ought to do the IDV
> tutorial course first! OK, I got the merged data to work. However, is
> there an option to change the format that WMS requests go out on? I find
> that since mapserver is being asked for 8-bit data, it tries to
> downsample the image to 8 bits before sending to IDV. As a result, an
> image with a shaded relief ends up looking like the image attached.
> Specifically, the layer is "Shaded Relief - Natural Earth". I can
> replicate this behavior on my own display program which has an option to
> change the request format. If the format is "image/png", I get the wrong
> colors, but if I use "image/png; mode=24bit", things render correctly.
> Perhaps you can include an option in the data display or field selector?
The chooser now check for and will use the above format. Note: it looks for
exactly the string:
"image/png; mode=24bit"
including spaces.

> Also, to replicate the bounding box issue, I need to enable a layer with
> a limited bounding box, such as major and minor roads in Colorado (layer
> name: "Major Roads (CO)"), then pan the IDV display so that Colorado is
> outside the window area (quick way:
> Projections->predefined->US->States->Northeastern US. This results in
> the following error:

I've changed this so any 0 degree width (or height) request is ignore.

I will be checking in these changes tomorrow since we are in the middle of
getting a release out tonight.
So the fixes will be in Thursday night's build.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: VOD-576406
Department: Support IDV