[Support #TKA-168856]: Aggregating NARR GRIB Files

Hi Bradley-

> I am trying to view multiple NARR file data in an animation, but as has been
> discussed in much earlier posts (around 2008), only one random time will
> show up when aggregating. I saw where this was supposedly fixed in a nightly
> build of version 2.5....but I am using the nightly build of version 2.8 and
> this isn't working. I have tried all available builds (2.7b, 2.8 and the
> nightly build of 2.8) with no success.

The aggregation by time requires that each file have only 1 forecast hour (the
analysis) for it to work.  These files seem to have multiple times in them.

The only solution at this point is to load all the files in as Grid Files (you
can select multiple files in the chooser).  You can then create time animations
using the
Miscellaneous->Make a time sequence from single time grids/images formula in the
Formulas data Source.  Select the type of display you want and when the Field
Selector appears, select the field you want from each file and click the Add
Selected.  When you've selected all the grids, click the OK button.

It's a pain, but it should work.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: TKA-168856
Department: Support IDV