[IDV #FQB-168293]: High Res World Coastlines BaseMap Not Displaying Properly

Hi Jacob-

> Full Name: Jacob Gore
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.8a1 build date:2009-11-28 08:14 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8a1\jre version: 1.6.0_13
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: The newly added high resolution World Coastlines
> Basemap is showing many straight lines that are not assicated with the actual
> coastlines,
> making the actual map difficult to read in some areas.  I remember this
> happening on other Windows machines, but this computer that I am now
> operating the IDV on has a good video card which is an ATI Radeon HD 4560.

This issue crops up on other systems, but unfortunately, we have not been able
to reproduce it here.

First, make sure you have the latest video driver.  See my previous note on how
to update.  If that doesn't fix it, please try the following.

Download and install the latest nightly build.

Import the attached properties file as a plug-in or just place it in the
.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/plugins directory of your home directory.

Restart the IDV and see if that makes a difference.  If not, you can remove the
plugin.

Let me know either way.

Don

Ticket ID: FQB-168293