[IDV #JCO-211259]: Empty filled contours

Hi Patrick-

> Full Name: Patrick Brockmann
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.8a1 build date:2009-12-10 08:08 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /opt/IDV_2.8a1/jre version: 1.6.0_13 j3d:1.5.2 fcs
> (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> Thanks for your different answers and upgrades.
> I really appreciate the support you make.

Thanks for your suggestions.

> A strange point that I have noticed when a plot filled contours plan is asked
> to IDV.
> I can see missing contours. See attached image.

I think this is an artifact of the mapping to the globe.  In a 2D display,
there are no gaps.  I'm going to have to pass this off to the VisAD developer
to evaluate.  I'll let you know what I find.

One more note.  We made a change yesterday to the way map preferences are used
in the globe and map display.  If you run the latest build, you might see that
your default maps are not the same as before in the globe.  If not, you can fix
this by copying maps.xml to globemaps.xml in your ~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv
directory.  Now, different maps preferences are used depending on whether you
are in a globe view or a map projection view.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: JCO-211259
Department: Support IDV