[IDV #HPK-789707]: Loosing Display Window Data Contents Upon Clicking On Menu Bar

Hi Jacob-

This is Don.

> It is only the display portion of the window, not the whole window.  I still
> have the title bar, menu bar, tool bar, and status bar; however, the display
> goes gray.  This does not happen every time I use the IDV, but it has been
> happening often for the past couple months.  It has happened on more than one
> machine with Windows XP.
> One machine it occurred on was a Dell, but the machine it has happened on the
> most recently is a custom PC with a very good graphics card; the associated
> driver appears to be the same one that came with the PC.  I have only been
> using the IDV on the custom machine for a couple weeks.

Make sure you have the latest video driver.  Even new PC's come with old
graphics drivers.  On XP, right click on the desktop and select Properties from
the popup menu.
In the dialog, select the Setting tab and then click the Advanced button.
Click the Adapter tab in the new dialog and then click the Properties button.
Select the Driver tab in the new dialog, then click the Update Driver...
button.  That will search for a new driver.   If it finds one, it will download
and install it.

Don

Ticket ID: HPK-789707
Department: Support IDV