[McV #TPN-306452]: Question about McIDAS-V

Hi Murray,

I must apologize for the lateness of this reply.  I composed my reply
shortly after seeing your note, and, quite frankly, thought that I
had sent it along to you.  I must have gotten distracted and our
inquiry tracking system closed the inquiry after timing out.  My Apologys!

re:
> A while back, I downloaded McIDAS-V, but didn't get around to trying to
> work with it until just recently.  I've found serious problems with the
> graphical interface for locations maps ("projection" in your
> terminology).

This is an interesting comment.  Can you elaborate?

> But today, when I went back to your website to see if a
> new version has been released, I can't find any mention of McIDAS-V at
> all.
>
> Has it been withdrawn?

Unidata has never distributed McIDAS-V.  However, we do distribute
the IDV, the application framework on top of which McIDAS-V is built.

You can get McIDAS-V from the Space Science and Engineering Center
(SSEC) at the University of Wisconsin at Madison:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mcidas
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/

Or you can get the IDV from us.  The procedure is to first register
with our web site (if you haven't already) and then go to the Downloads
section of our web site:

Unidata HomePage:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Downloads