[IDV #PVO-934932]: bad lines in map displays

Hi Carl,

> Description of problem: When loading some of the map backgrounds, we see many
> lines originating from single points on the background and crossing the
> display. See attachment. This occurs on all of our PC's, not just one. Have
> you seen this before and is there a fix that you can share? Thanks!

I'm assuming you are seeing this only with the U.S. county map (and maybe the
world coastlines)? We have seen this before and it is a graphics card problem:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg03352.html

Those maps have lots of polygons. You can try to update your graphics drivers
or just not use those larger maps. As the link above points out we do have a
lower resolution world map available but not a county map.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: PVO-934932
Department: Support IDV