[IDV #MIY-325360]: Error When Attempring To Move Display Window

Hi Jacob-

The IDV doesn't support dual monitors very well.  You need to keep the
Dashboard on the initial monitor that it was started on.  You should be able to
move the display to a new monitor once it's created.

For the error below, what were you doing when this occurred?  Were you making a
new display or trying to save an image?

Don Murray

> Full Name: Jacob Gore
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.8a1 build date:2009-11-06 08:08 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8a1\jre version: 1.6.0_13
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I had the following error come up when I attempted to
> move a display window to another monitor on a dual-monitor display.  Upon
> this error I had the display window go completely gray and I could not get
> the data back.  Not sure if it had something to do with the fact that it is
> dual-monitor;
> however, I have had some recent problems with the display going gray and I
> sent a support report on that yesterday.  I am saving the current state as a
> bundle to this support report as well.  Perhaps this error message will shed
> some light on the issue:
>
> Creating display master
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> Thanks!
> Jacob Gore

> Stack trace:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.MapViewManager.doMakeDisplayMaster(MapViewManager.java:303)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager.getMaster(ViewManager.java:4662)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager.getComponent(ViewManager.java:4573)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager$17.run(ViewManager.java:6194)

Ticket ID: MIY-325360
Department: Support IDV