[IDV #IWW-736381]: Problem with data accessed through OPeNDAP/Hyrax + NCSA HDF5 handler

Hi Chris,

> Description of problem: I accessed the URL:
> http://acdisc.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/opendap/HDF-EOS5/Aura_OMI_Level3/OMAERUVd.003//2004/OMI-Aura_L3-OMAERUVd_2004m1001_v003-2009m0714t093948.he5
> and plotted the first 2D field, FinalAerosolAbsOpticalDepth388nm, and got a
> streaky picture (see attachment). At first, I assumed it was the OPeNDAP
> server (Hyrax with NCSA HDF5 handler), but then I tried Panoply (see
> attachment), which shows no such feature.
>
> Any ideas?

This is the result of having fast rendering turned on for the display, which is
the default behavior. Basically, we don't try to adjust the display for
overlapping the longitude  seams because doing so is fairly expensive. You can
turn off fast rendering (which actually means to turn on seam adjustment)  for
an individual display through its Edit-> Properties dialog. You can also make
fast rendering=off as the default through the main Edit->Preferences dialog.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: IWW-736381
Department: Support IDV