[IDV #MOZ-572544]: question on overlaying the time onto a movie

Hi Katie-

> Hey Don. Is there a way to do a background overlay on a gif? We have a gif
> (our company logo, see attached) that has a lot of negative space, so we'd
> want to put a solid black background to it so it's easy to see. Any idea if
> IDV can do this? I'm thinking GIMP could do it for me, but it would make it
> much easier to do it right in IDV.

Not at the moment, but I just added it for the future.  You just use the
background attribute as you would for text.

This will be in the nightly build tomorrow.  But a word of caution.  We are
testing some new performance features in the nightly build which may or may not
create some instability.  We hope this will settle down in the next couple of
weeks.  But testers are always welcome!

Don Murray

Ticket ID: MOZ-572544
Department: Support IDV