[IDV #OLN-245302]: Question about Water Runoff vs Precipitation

Hi Luis-

Sorry for not answering your previous request.  I must have overlooked it.

> A. - It is possible that the same analysis, for below example, slide 1 .-
> DGEX GFS 0.5 ° runed 18 Octuber 2009, the same date and time., For Water
> Runoff for of the 23 Oct. 2009, 06.00Z, is different for the diapositive 2 .-
> DGEX GFS 0.5 °, runed for the 22 Octuber 2009, 06.00 Z the same date and time.

Since they are two different runs of the model, the results may differ.  In the
first image, from the 18/00Z run, the forecast is a 120 hr forecast.  In the
second image, the forecast is a 24 hour forecast.  I would expect that the
latter would be a better forecast.

> B. - It is possible that some body, paraleley could access the IDV software,
> and alter or delete or deceive a simulation result?

No.  The missing label is a known problem that we are trying to track down.

> This is important to know, becouse if some body is monitoreing Water Runoff
> for a danger Hurracaine lke the recentlyt Rick, some body can to have a big
> error and do not to permit to help the people in prevention..

I agree.

> When I was running the software IDV, the past 18 Octubre 2009, the software
> IDV, it displayed the diapositive 1, and the 20 and 22, of Octubre the
> software IDV displayed the dispositve 2.
>

> Could you explain to me, what is the problem and the question B?

It is just that two different runs of the model will possibly create different
answers.

> I am attacheing for you the bundles and severals presentations about the
> Hurricaine Rick.
>

> Thanks in advaced for your answer, attention and God Bless you.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: OLN-245302
Department: Support IDV