[IDV #MPQ-882676]: Question about flow vectors from grids

Hi Tom-

I changed the way u and v are defined in aliases.xml and how they are used in
the derived.xml to create the automatic derived quantities.  If I use the
strategy that is used for the netCDF files for GRIB, it will break bundles
because the parameter names will change.

So now, you will see a Flow Vector and a True Flow Vector for all grids
regardless of whether they are grid relative or true.  In my experience, the
global grids (lat/lon) are true and all the rest are grid relative.

Let me know what you think.  Will be in the next nightly build.

Don

Ticket ID: MPQ-882676
Department: Support IDV