[IDV #UUK-912654]: location of colormaps?

Hi Rich-

> Quick one.   When I bring up the colormap selector, I see a custom
> colormap called "jet" that I made a long time ago.
>
> I can't figure out for the life of me where this is located!
> I tried searching, tried the IDV help, no luck!

It should be in ~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/colortables.xml

> I'd like to give this to another IDV user, but can't figure out how!

Use the Tools->Color Table Editor menu to bring up the Color Table Editor.
Select the "jet" color table from the Color Tables menu.  Then select the
File->Export.. menu of the Color Table Editor to save it to an XML file.  You
can email that to the other user and they can use the File->Import menu of the
Color Table Editor to bring it in.

Alternatively, you can use the Tools->Plugin Creator to create a plugin that
contains that color table (and other resources you want to share) and they can
load that plugin to the IDV through the Tools->Plugin Manager dialog.

Don

Ticket ID: UUK-912654
Department: Support IDV