[IDV #HDV-370414]: question on time zone changes and vertical scales

Hi Katie-

> I have two questions I'm hoping you can answer for me.
>
> 1) I have hourly data that is time stamped with UTC time. I want my
> display label to instead display it in the local time (in this case,
> HST). Is there a way to do this automatically?

Currently, the only way to do this is to set the default timezone in the User
Preferences to be HST.  We'll look into adding a more dynamic capability in the
Display Label %time: syntax that can be used.

> 2) I'm visualizing a cross section of data. I want to put a vertical
> scale on this cross-section (not on the dashboard, but on the actual
> visualization). Is there any way to do this? My terrain is 3D, my data
> is a 2D slice, and I want to be able to have a vertical axis with the
> height on the side of my data.

Currently, there's no way to do that.  It's on our list of things to do.
Hopefully sometime this fall we'll have time to work on better labelling and
color bar placement.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: HDV-370414
Department: Support IDV