[IDV #JPO-648577]: Measuring Distance In IDV

Hi Jacob-

> Is there a way to measure distance from one point to another point on a map
> in the IDV?  I would like to get a readout in meters, km, miles, and any
> other form available.  I use the longitude/latitude readout at the bottom of
> the program as a guide often, but I will be working on a project that will
> require me to measure distance from one point to another.  Are there any
> tools in the IDV that offer this feature?

Under the Displays->Special menu there is the Range and Bearing control that
allows you to measure distances.  The default unit is set in the global
preferences (Distance unit).  You can change the displayed unit on the fly
using the control's Edit->Change Display Unit... menu.

Don

Ticket ID: JPO-648577
Department: Support IDV