[IDV #QSF-210498]: netCDF (supposedly) not opening in IDV

Hi Martha,

> Making trouble again....
Yeah, yeah, yeah. What else is new :-)

> There are some very interesting oceanographic datasets supposedly in netCDF
> that I really want to put into IDV.
>
> The attached file is extent -60 to -30 Lat and 1 - 30 Lon (I'm not crossing
> the 0)
> The error is that IDV does not recognize the format and grid netCDF and I'm
> feeling Lucky etc. does not work.
>
> The website with all the data is:  http://reason.gsfc.nasa.gov/Giovanni/
>
> The data I requested was : NOBM Assimilated Monthly Global Products   JAVA
> Version    for the above extent Feb. 2002

The version of the IDV up until last week (really the netcdf lib we use) did
not read those files - they were missing some attributes to make them fully CF
compliant. However, we just released a new version of the IDV today that should
be able to read those files.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: QSF-210498
Department: Support IDV