[IDV #BDE-406856]: Problem writing a head with the text point metadata GUI.

> Thanks for the information.  The user and I have another
> question/comment.  We were wondering if the GUI should write out a file
> that the system isn't able to read back in?  Or maybe we don't
> understand the purpose of having it write the file out?
The IDV will do what the user tells it to do and will write out the header that
the user has specified.

> She doesn't want to use the metadata GUI each time she gets a new file,
> nor does she want to realign/retool text data into different formats if
> possible since she gets a lot of these files.  So, I guess we wondering
> if something else can be done or if we are missing something.

There is a new facility where you can write out a plugin that will contain the
metadata header information and defines a new data source type that
automatically uses the header.

When the user has created a header that is correct under the Preferences popup
menu there should be a "Write Data Source Plugin". This prompts for a Type and
a Label. The type should be some identifier of this data source (used
internally). The label is the name shown to the user.

The Plugin Manager is then popped up where they can choose to Write and Install
the plugin.

Now, after a restart, there should be a data source type shown in the list of
types in the different choosers. The user can select their CSV file and select
the new data source type. It will use the header automatically.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: BDE-406856
Department: Support IDV