[IDV #CBT-216747]: Where should I put the WxTextChooser.class?

> I compiled WxTextChooser.java and put WxTextChooser.class to multiple places
> (user home directory for IDV, directory
> where IDV is installed and other places, too). I copied choose.xml. Once IDV
> was started, I got ClassNotFoundException
> for WxTextChooser.class.
>
> Where should I put the WxTextChooser.class? Or should I change the start
> script?

Hi Howard,
When you are in development mode you can run the IDV from the command line
(e.g., java ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv) if you have your classpath set up
properly. Then java will pick up your WxTextChooser.class file from the
classpath.

However, in the end you will be wanting to build a plugin that contains all of
your .class files plus any other resources (e.g., the chooser.xml file). We did
not have a plugin target in the example build.xml file. I have added one
(attached). This adds a "plugin" target that makes a lib/example.jar and copies
the jar file to your <user home>/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/plugins directory.
This is where the IDV looks for plugin files.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CBT-216747
Department: Support IDV
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- In Ant all file paths are relative to the basedir.  Since this
build.xml file is in ucar the basedir is "..", the parent directory of
ucar.  (Unless overwritten by a calling ant process or by a command line
argument -Dfoo=bar) -->

<project basedir="../../../../" default="example" name="ExampleIdv">

    <import file="../../../build.xml"/>

    <target name="example" depends="init">
        <javac
            classpath="${classpath}"
            debug="true"
            source="${srcversion}"
            deprecation="false"
            destdir="${compiledir}"
            failonerror="${failonerror}"
            nowarn="true"
            srcdir="${srcdir}"

        <include name="ucar/unidata/apps/example/**"/>
        </javac>
    </target>

    <target name="examplejar" depends="example">
        <jar
            basedir="${srcdir}"
            compress="true"
            update="false"
            jarfile="${jars_dest}/example.jar">
            <include name="ucar/unidata/apps/example/**"/>
            <exclude name="ucar/unidata/apps/trex/*.java"/>
        </jar>
    </target>

    <target name="plugin" depends="examplejar">
        <copy overwrite="true"
todir="${user.home}/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/plugins">
             <fileset file="lib/example.jar"/>
        </copy>
    </target>

</project>