[IDV #BMA-807631]: Level II archive data to Net CDF

Hi Peter-

> I was wondering if you have the code to convert level II Doppler Radar
> data to a NetCDF file and any viewing program that will display the
> polar data with geographical overlay?
> (perhaps SOLO, or ??) I assume any program will work on NEXRAD Super
> Resolution data.

You could use Unidata's Integrated Data Viewer (IDV) to view the data
in polar form with geographic overlays.  There is a section in the
IDV Training workshop on how to do this:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/workshop/datadisplays/level2/index.html

At this point, we don't export to netCDF because there is no standard
for doing so.

I'm not sure about the capabilities of SOLO in that area.  Another program is
NOAA's Weather and Climate Toolkit:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/wct/install.php

which does support export to a netCDF format.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: BMA-807631
Department: Support IDV