[IDV #JRS-727215]: Rotated regular Lat Lon grids

Hi Breogan-

> My name is Breogan Gomez and I am currently working in the data
> assimilation section of the DWD (German Weather service). I have
> recently started to play around with the IDV and its advanced features
> but our models have particular grids that are not contemplated in this
> software.
>
> This is the case of our local model, COSMO, that uses a rotated regular
> lat/lon grid (equivalent to the GFS grid but with the north pole in a
> different place). The output format is GRIB1.
>
> I have tried to open the file and IDV is able to recognize the inventory
> of the file, but is no able to plot the fields. Do you know if this type
> of grid is available for ploting?

Which version of the IDV are you using?  There were some fixes made recently
for the
rotated lat/lon grids made in the underlying grib decoding software.  If it
does not
work with the latest beta version (2.7b3):

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/test

please upload a sample file to:

and we'll look into this.

Don Murray