[IDV #QVS-745041]: Errors, possibily related to high memory usage.

> Full Name: Chad Lampson
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6 version: 1.6.0_13 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:FILE.RADAR with:
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.RadarQuery@169a562 Java heap space
>
> at the time this error comes up I am displaying 3 radat image sets (5
> images each) and javaw.exe (the software running IDV) is using nearly
> 800 megs of ram, and gaining more by the minute. Was trying to add a
> 4th set of radar data.
>

> The computer this is running on has 1.25 gigs of ram, and is a dual
> head system.

Chad,
     You are running the IDV with the default memory 512m, and this doesn't
look big enough when you are trying to open 20 high resolution radar datasets,
even though you only open one sweep per dataset, which is about 720*1830*20
points, and total is about 844m in memory. In our FAQ, there is a tip about
increase the memory:
"http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Faq.html#memory";, but
I also notice that you only have 1.25G in the RAM, so, you need to consider to
reduce the amount of dataset loaded in the IDV.

Yuan
> I have checked the "Include Current State as Bundle" option.

> Stack trace:

Ticket ID: QVS-745041
Department: Support IDV