[IDV #QSD-330656]: IDV in XP

Hi-

Thanks for trying out the suggestion.

> I tried your suggestion and got the following error in the dos prompt.
>
> C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2>runidv.bat
> C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2>jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Didv.enableStereo=false
> -jar i
> dv.jar
> 'jre\bin\java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2>REM Use the line below instead if you want to use
> the
> D3D version of Java 3D
> C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2>REM jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Dj3d.rend=d3d -jar
> idv.jar
>
> C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2>

Which version of the IDV did you install?  From the output above,
it looks like you either installed the 64 bit XP version on a 32
bit system, or you installed the generic installer which does not
include java.  For Windows, you'll need to use the XP installer
that includes java.

If you did use the XP installer, open a DOS window and change to the
C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2\jre\bin directory.  Then do a directory
listing:

dir java.exe

to see if java is in that directory.  If it is there, then
run:

.\java -version

to see if there is an error.  If you get an error, try
re-installing the IDV.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: QSD-330656
Department: Support IDV