[IDV #MQM-696970]: visad error propagation facility

Hi Tyn-

> thanks!
>
> Unfortunately, not everything is done with visad.

It will be difficult to do the error propagation fully then.

> On the IDV side, would it take a lot of work to for all methods to pass an
> error propagation type other than Data.NO_ERROR? Do you think Willem could
> handle such a task?

You'd need a way for the user to set the error mode and then modify all the
methods in GridUtil that take a sampling method to also take an error mode.
I took a stab at the latter, but not sure I got all the methods yet.  Then
any of the controls/methods that do sampling would need to implement this
as well.

I'm sure there are other gotcha's out there.  We're in the middle of
finalizing the 2.7 release, so don't have time to work on this.  If
Willem wants to look into it I can try to answer some of his questions.

Don

Ticket ID: MQM-696970
Department: Support IDV