[Support #EYS-395059]: question about layers of images in display

Hi Tom-

> What's the difference between "bring to front" and sliding the slider
> to "move" an image vertically?

A fair question.  I'm answering from the support system so it will
go into the archives for other curious minds.

Kris Bedka has a mostly-transparent
> image that he wants to display over an opaque one....and only "bring
> to front" does the right thing.  Just sliding the slider to move the
> transparent image "up" causes it's supposedly transparent colors to
> become opaque blackness....thus obscuring the image below.

To front removes and re-adds the display.  This brings it to the front
of the list of renderers and allows transparency to work correctly.
The slider just moves it up and down in the display.  When he moves
it up, anything below will be black because they were added after the
transparent display.  It has to be the last thing in to be able to
see through to the others.

> Curious minds want to know.....but right now, I'm peddling home....

Don

Ticket ID: EYS-395059
Department: Support IDV