[IDV #ABO-431626]: Using IDV to look at grib files

Hi Brian,

> Description of problem: There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:netcdf.grid with:
> http://meteo.uncc.edu/wrf/ice/WRFPRS_d01.24.grib
> Grid data source failed making data set:
> http://meteo.uncc.edu/wrf/ice/WRFPRS_d01.24.grib
> http://meteo.uncc.edu/wrf/ice/WRFPRS_d01.24.grib HTTP/1.1 416 Requested Range
> Not Satisfiable
>
> This error message concerns me just a little, in that it appears that IDV
> might be thinking that it is
> trying to get a netcdf file (data source:netcdf.grid) when this is a grib
> file.

The "netcdf.grid" is just our internal identifier for the data source type.
I've changed it so it will show as "file.grid"

Now, that said - what is going on is that when we access the grib file we
create an index of the products and that is breaking. When accessing files via
http we kind of treat the web server as a random access file. The indexing must
be trying to read more than what's there.

I'll move this ticket over to our java-netcdf group (which does the grib work)
and they will look at it.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ABO-431626
Department: Support IDV