[Support #COI-760964]: averageOverTime

Hi Bill,
Wow, this is the triple crown of support requests!

> Just tried out the differences over time, and it does just what I hoped.
> Very nice . :-)

Thanks.

> I have added to this display accumulated precipitation over the same 24
> hour periods; however,
> I had to do each 24 hour period separately. And each appears on all
> frames of the display.
> It would be much better if only the correct summation was shown on each
> frame, and
> if the display could be created with one invocation. In other words,
> could we do something
> similar to the time differences with summation? (If we had N grids and
> wanted to sum
> 2consective grids; 1+2 --> at time 2, 3+4 --> at time 4, 5+6 --> at time
> 6, etc.

There are now timeStepDifference and timeStepSum formulas. Those formulas use a
-1 offset, i.e., D(T) = D(T) +- D(T-1)

> Since I was summing precip with a formula, the list of possible displays
> included the
> topography display in the 3-D group. I thought this was pretty neat
> because I could display the
> field using mesh or points in addition to the usual contours and color
> fill. It looked pretty sharp
> and seemed very useful. It also looked 2-D to me. Might this option be
> added as a plan view
> display?

I just added this option to the colorshaded plan view. You can now set the
display mode to be solid, mesh or points.

> When  precip was displayed as a topography display, I made the values
> less than .01 inches
> transparent to improve appearance. After downloading the nightly build
> today, I could no longer
> change the transparency of the mesh display (my bundle no longer worked
> correctly). Did
> something change ??? (I can change transparency with other displays.)

This is a bug. actually you couldn't even set the color table on the topography
control.

Its fixed now.

We'll have a nightly build out by Monday with all of these changes.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: COI-760964
Department: Support IDV