[IDV #ZBM-897694]: Loading multiple Grib data files...

Hi,

> Description of problem: I am trying to load grib2 data (RUC initial analyses)
> in IDV.  There is no problem in getting them
> to load up and they are visible in the map view.  The data is from my
> computer (as the data
> source) and I see all the grib2 files as possible data sources under the
> field selector tab.
> However, when I load multiple grib2 data files I cannot animate the data.  In
> the time animation widget
> above the view window, when play is selected - it does not cycle through the
> data. Instead it just shows
> the RUC data for multiple times overlayed on top of each other instead of
> cycling through them
> individually for every time frame.  I tried fixing this by clicking on the
> field selector tab and selecting
> multiple times in the subsetting window.  But for each file there is only one
> time that shows up
> instead of all the times I have (that you can see in the data sources window).

Normally the IDV does not try to merge the separate grid files, it just loads
them up individually then of course you have to create mulitple displays, one
for each file, and the displays with one timestep are always shown.

What you want to do is to select the set of grib files in the files (using
control or shift click) and then select "Aggregate Grids by Time" for the Data
Source Type. This will try to aggregate the grid files on time and will produce
one data source with a set of times.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ZBM-897694
Department: Support IDV