[IDV #SUD-184603]: problem loading polar stereographic data into idv

Hi Randy-

> can you explain what "fast rendering is" and how it is different from having
> the option turned off.

It turns off checking for data that crosses a projection seam which is an
expensive computation.  If you are displaying your data in the native
projection, there is no need to check.  See:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly/docs/userguide/misc/PerformanceTuning.html#fastrender

for more info.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: SUD-184603