[IDV #SUD-184603]: problem loading polar stereographic data into idv

Randy-

This is Don.  Jeff and Yuan are both away this week.

> Katie and I are both working this, thus her response below. To clarify
> alittle.
>
> 1) run IDV 2.6u2 and load 0.5 deg Global GFS. all raw data and formula
> computed loads correctly.
> 2) run IDV 2.7a1 and load 0.5 deg Global GFS. all raw data loads correctly
> but an isosurface of total winds does not display correctly.

Turn on Fast Rendering and you'll see the other half.  A change was
made between 2.6 and 2.7 on how projections are handled.  We may
back out of that eventually, but you should have Fast Rendering turned
on by default anyway with the grids you are using.

> We definetly see up to 800% CPU on the activity monitor now as it reads the
> data in. Before your email below i thought it was parrallelizing the formula
> computations.

No, just reading and rendering.  We'll look into computations later.

> Katie will be trying volume rendering next.

That will be an interesting experiment.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: SUD-184603
Department: Support IDV