[IDV #PHR-778278]: Possible error in the frontogenesis code in the Jython libraries

Hi Adam-

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> Full Name: Adam Theisen
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2\jre version: 1.6.0_11
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Creating display: Color-Filled Contour Plan View
> org.python.core.PyException
>
> The error states that it is on line 320 of the frnt function in the grid
> diagnostics of the Jython libraries.  Looking at the code, I am guessing
> there is a problem with the asin function.  I was not able to find the asin
> function
> up in the math functions.  Is there a way to fix this problem easily?

Actually, the line number in the error is one line off.  There's a hidden
line at the top of the python script.  However, good sleuthing - thanks for
providing that detail.

The actual issue is on the line above:

  a = -cosd*dxt-sind*dyt

where it's trying to multiply the fields.

What grid are you trying this with?  Are you subsetting on level at all?
What fields are you putting in for the theta and vector?

I've tried with the 80km NAM using a full grid or a specific level
and couldn't get it to fail, but I'm sure I'm just not using the
right combination.

Don Murray

> Thank You
>
> Adam Theisen
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> File "<string>", line 320, in frnt
> at visad.Gridded3DSet.valueToGrid(Gridded3DSet.java:759)
>
> at visad.Gridded3DSet.valueToIndex(Gridded3DSet.java:415)
>
> at visad.FlatField.resample(FlatField.java:4739)
>
> at visad.FlatField.binary(FlatField.java:2088)
>
> at visad.FieldImpl.binary(FieldImpl.java:835)
>
> at visad.DataImpl.binary(DataImpl.java:139)
>
> at visad.DataImpl.multiply(DataImpl.java:205)
>
> at visad.DataImpl.__mul__(DataImpl.java:1407)

> at
>
> at

> visad.SetException: visad.SetException: Gridded3DSet.valueToGrid:
> ManifoldDimension must be 3

Ticket ID: PHR-778278
Department: Support IDV