[IDV #VAD-135323]: Problem displaying cross section

Hi Kristian-

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> Full Name: Kristian
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre version: 1.6.0_07
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> We are trying to do "Cross section" of the output of Oceanographic Model
> HOPS. You can see the problem on the display of the "Cross section", in the
> current state.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see as the error.  What field are you trying
to display?  I
was able to display the temperature field as a cross section.  Do you get an
error?

> This file is alocated in
> http://dataserver.imedea.uib-csic.es:8080/thredds/dodsC/testHOPS/outHops.nc.html
>  and passes the CF-Convention compliance checker for NetCDF. The coordinates
> system are Ocean Sigma Coordinates.

The ocean sigma coordinate is problematic when you try to combine grids that
are on
different spatial coordinates (like u,v to create speed).

Let me know what field you are trying to display and what I should look for in
the
display as an error.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: VAD-135323