[IDV #NJR-891324]: plot Names of an Administrative units map (Shapefile) as a display in the Map View

Hi Tijn,

> I would like to plot the Names of an Administrative units map
> (Shapefile) as a display in the Map View. The Shapefile is contained in
> this jar:
>
> http://adde.itc.nl/idv/documentation/docs/workshop/itc/thematic/psn/Food
> Security/distlearn_demo2_files/adminmaps.jar

Right now we don't have support for accessing the attributes in a shapefile and
displaying them.
One problem is knowing where to display them. I guess we could calculate the
centroid of the
polygon and display them there. Or display them at the first point of the
polygon.

We've thinking about improving the shapefile handling in general - in
particular supporting non-latlon
projections. We'll think about this functionality a bit more.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: NJR-891324
Department: Support IDV