[IDV #UIB-137964]: Data Extraction vis ISL file

Hi Erin,

> I am working on a project to utilize IDV from the command line to produce
> a single .png image as output without using a bundle (.xidv) file. I would
> like to extract a single variable (sand_01) that has several properties:
> ocean_time, s_rho, eta_rho, and xi_rho. To this point I am able to open
> the data source via idv. The problem is that all the time steps are being
> downloaded, instead of just one.

There are a couple things wrong with your script and there are also a couple
of things wrong in the IDV. The IDV side is fixed now and we will put out a
nightly
build tonight.

Attached is a isl script that will work with tomorrows release of the IDV.

The IDV/ISL did not support the times attribute in the datasource. It now does.
Also, your script had "Times" when it should be "times". The isl is case
sensitive.

The name of the property for the display is "dataSelectionLevel"
Its value is one of the numeric values for the level.
Look at the note in the attached isl for more on this.

> The parameter "sand_01" is to be extracted at time=190, s_rho=0,
> eta_rho=95, and xi_rho=255. The output is a single .png image of this
> extraction.

I'm not sure what you mean by s_rho, eta_rho and xi_rho. At the IDV level
we just have numeric levels to choose from.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: UIB-137964
Department: Support IDV