[IDV #UUC-978770]: Data extraction

> After looking at IDV forum, it seems that there is no way to extract
> (export to ascii) parts of netCDF files that I obtained from WRF
> outputs. Indeed, I need a tool to open such netCDF files in order to
> apply some algorithm too complicate to fit within an IDV formula...
> netCDF library seems difficult to use.

Hi,
We do have a formula Export->Export Grid to Excel
Right click on that and select "Evaluate Formula"
Then choose the grid field you want to export.
Note: This isn't perfect due to constraints in the excel format but its a start.

You can also write fairly complex jython that can be called by a formula. See
here more:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/tools/Jython.html

-Jeff

Ticket ID: UUC-978770