[IDV #LGE-624556]: default map in new map view window

Hi Bill,

> Description of problem: When I start the IDV, the Map View One Pane window
> contains the desired map,
> which includes my customizations. However, if I open another such window,
> File --> New --> View Window --> Map View --> One Pane, the map in the new
> window contains the correct set of boundaries, is in the correct color,
> but incorrect magnification and center. Is this a bug ???
>
> I customized the map by changing:
> 1. default projection from user preferences,
> 2. default map preference from (Default Background Maps display)
> File --> Default Maps --> Save as the Default Map Preference, and finally
> 3. default bundle from File --> Default Bundle --> Save.
>
> Once upon a time, I expected to need only the first 2 steps. But that did not
> produce the desired result. So I saved a default bundle. Then the map was
> as I wanted on startup. I just noticed that the map in a new window is not
> what
> I wanted, so I am questioning my understanding of the entire process. Did I
> proceed correctly or not ???

The default bundle captures both the map and the projection and any zooming you
have done and is used to recreate the state if the IDV at startup.

However, the default bundle is not used when you create a new View window. What
should be applied to the new window is just the map and the projection
preferences, not any zoom level.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: LGE-624556
Department: Support IDV