[IDV #RCG-234885]: 1D grid support

Oops, forgot to attach the bundle showing the plot in the OMNI control.

This was created by setting the Data Source type to "I'm Still Feeling Lucky"
(last in list) in the URL chooser and loading:

http://dodsp.idris.fr/cgi-bin/nph-dods/rpsl003/IPSLCM4_v2/R1914B/MONITORING/files/ATM_lmdz_bils_global_ave.nc

into the URL chooser.

Then,expand the top level Field and plot the:

(TAX1_720 -> BILS_GLOBAL)

field using the OMNI control.

I used the Omni Control's Controls button to turn on the axis labels
and set the range of BILS_GLOBAL to be -20 to 20.

Don

> > Here at the IPSL Global Climate Modelling Group, we have developed a
> > monitoring control of our ESM simulations that produces for each
> > simulation a set of images representing evolutions of key fields of the
> > GCM.  It is very convenient and covers some of the needs of our
> > researchers.
> >
> > Here is an example:
> >
> > http://dodsp.idris.fr/rpsl003/IPSLCM4_v2/R1914B/MONITORING/
> >
> > Those plots are made from 1D netCDF variable (average reductions have
> > been already made) stored in the files available at
> >
> > http://dodsp.idris.fr/cgi-bin/nph-dods/rpsl003/IPSLCM4_v2/R1914B/MONITORING/files/
> >
> > I would like to visualize them with IDV. Is it possible ?  For now I
> > get message 'no gridded data found...'.
>
> It's not a 1D geolocated grid, but a 1D function.  You can read this
> into the IDV and plot it in the OMNI control, but that's not what
> you really want.  Currently, there is no way to plot this using
> the graphing package we use for some data (time series).
>
> > The purpose would be then to open a THREDDS catalog with all the
> > simulation where the monitoring has been activated and then plot in a
> > window with multiple frames all the different key variables.
>
> We can add this to list, but I'm not sure when we would have resources
> to get to it.
>
> > Let me know if my request is not clear enough.
>
> What is T?  Are you planning on creating CF compliant netCDF files
> or is the current structure fixed?
>
> > PS: When will be the next training for IDV ?
>
> Late July/Early August 2009.  We haven't set the specific dates
> yet.
>
> Hope everything went well with your baby delivery.
>
> Don Murray

Ticket ID: RCG-234885
Department: Support IDV