[IDV #AHA-590683]: Bundled grid diagnostics

Hi Dave-

This is Don.

When you load in the JNLP to start the IDV, can you go to the
Help->About menu and tell me what version and build date is listed
for the IDV?  Your bundle points to the latest version:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/webstart

but it could be that Webstart is caching the previous version and
not updating to the latest which has the fix Jeff described.

Don

> > Description of problem: I am using the sub(a,b) grid diagnostic in a lake
> > effect snow bundle which is to find the
> > difference in the surface air temperature and the 850hPa temperature.  Once
> > built, the
> > application works and looks great.  However, when I try and load the
> > application from a
> > jnlp file, a window opens asking me what fields I want to use for a and b
> > in the sub(a,b)
> > diagnostic.  It does this each time the bundle is opened.  How can I hard
> > code it to use
> > the same model fields, surface air temperature and 850hPa temperature,
> > without
> > inquiry?
> >
> > I have attached a simple jnlp file as an example.  Select the 2D surface
> > air temperature
> > for field a and the 850hPa level from the 3D temperature @ presssre level
> > option  for
> > field b to see the expected result from the bundle.
> >

> We fixed this a couple of weeks ago. It was not in the 2.6 release (which I
> think you are using) but is in the 2.6update2 release.
>
> We are in the middle of fixing a number of other things that have cropped up
> and are putting out a new update release later today so you might want to
> wait until tomorrow to get the new version.
>

> > Once agin, congratulations on the outstanding achievement award.  It is
> > well deserved.
> > As I mentioned to Jeff via email, it was good to see your faces on the
> > front of the Unidata
> > homepage!
> >

> Thanks Dave. I was really hoping for the cover of the Rolling Stone though.
> Oh well...
>
> -Jeff

Ticket ID: AHA-590683
Department: Support IDV