[IDV #AHA-590683]: Bundled grid diagnostics

Hi Dave,

> Description of problem: I am using the sub(a,b) grid diagnostic in a lake
> effect snow bundle which is to find the
> difference in the surface air temperature and the 850hPa temperature.  Once
> built, the
> application works and looks great.  However, when I try and load the
> application from a
> jnlp file, a window opens asking me what fields I want to use for a and b in
> the sub(a,b)
> diagnostic.  It does this each time the bundle is opened.  How can I hard
> code it to use
> the same model fields, surface air temperature and 850hPa temperature, without
> inquiry?
>
> I have attached a simple jnlp file as an example.  Select the 2D surface air
> temperature
> for field a and the 850hPa level from the 3D temperature @ presssre level
> option  for
> field b to see the expected result from the bundle.

We fixed this a couple of weeks ago. It was not in the 2.6 release (which I
think you are using) but is in the 2.6update2 release.

We are in the middle of fixing a number of other things that have cropped up
and are putting out a new update release later today so you might want to wait
until tomorrow to get the new version.

> Once agin, congratulations on the outstanding achievement award.  It is well
> deserved.
> As I mentioned to Jeff via email, it was good to see your faces on the front
> of the Unidata
> homepage!

Thanks Dave. I was really hoping for the cover of the Rolling Stone though. Oh
well...

-Jeff

Ticket ID: AHA-590683
Department: Support IDV