[IDV #RCR-783387]: Odd grid data generation behavior...

Hi Tom-

> How are linear model grids represented in NetCDF,
> array of x map coordinates, and separate array of y map coordinates?
> Or is there some compact metadata form that accounts for the
> linearity?

Separate arrays of evenly spaced coordinates.

The problem with the projections is that although the grid is
nrows x ncols, the coordinates for the projection are the
km along the projection grid.  In the case you sent me, it looks
like you are getting hit by a rounding error.

Don

> Tom
> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Hi Tom-

> >> I understand that, but this file only contains (x,y)->Q, where x,y->lon,lat
> >> according to proper NetCDF conventions.  I'm sure this is a memory
> >> hit, but maybe it's more of a 'back-burner' thing for now.
> >>

> > The axes are not linear which is why a Gridded2DSet is created.
> >
> > For example, the first 5 numbers in the west-east coordinate are:
> >
> > -4365.84, -4363.806, -4361.771, -4359.736, -4357.702
> >
> > with intervals 2.034, 2.035, 2.035, 2.034  between them.
> >
> > This fails the checkLinearity check.
> >
> > Don
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: RCR-783387