[IDV #MHT-202012]: Hung on creating User Interface

> The splash screen stays up, but the last time it failed I did a ctrl-c
> instead of ctrl-break!
>
> This must be some kind of timing issue, because now it won't
> fail.....so, I haven't been able to get a stack trace. fyi....this
> happens occasionally to Becky and I...we both have IBM laptops.

OK, if it does happen again try to get a stack trace.

We have added an http based monitor thread:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#lockup
that will show the stack trace but that does not get started until after
initialization.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: MHT-202012
Department: Support IDV