[IDV #MHT-202012]: Hung on creating User Interface

Hi Dave-

> Full Name: Dave Santek
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6\jre version: 1.6.0_11
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: We're seeing this problem with McV, and today I saw
> it with IDV:
>
> Sometimes when starting McV or IDV it gets hung on 'Creating User Interface'.
>  An error
> appeared in the McV log file which I think is probably the same error in the
> DOS window
> of IDV, but it disappeared too quickly:
>
> ERROR: Creating jython editor
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> I am able to cancel and then restart successfully.
>
> Have you seen this? This is using Windows XP.

Haven't seen this before.

You could add a PAUSE at the end of the runIDV.bat file which
starts the IDV.  That way when you cancel, the DOS window won't
go away.  If you can send us the output that would help us narrow
down the problem.

Don

Ticket ID: MHT-202012
Department: Support IDV