[IDV #FEO-270734]: Units when using an expression in a LayoutModel parameter

> Hi Guys.....
>
> Regarding Rick's question about units, is it safe to say when using a
> numeric expression in a LayoutModel, that the units for temperature
> (and dew point) are K, and for wind speed they are m/s?

Hi Tom,
Actually no, its not safe to assume that. The operands that we get from the
point data
and pass to the jython code are visad.Real and they are whatever unit they are
in the data.

For display purposes you can specify a display unit but this does not affect
the actual data unit.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: FEO-270734
Department: Support IDV