[IDV #VES-813823]: Problems with CF-1.4 Lambert Conformal and Mercator

Hi Eric-

> I'm having two problems plotting gridded data in netCDF format using the
> CF convention.  I'm using IDV 2.6, with a build date of 2008-12-24.
>
> 1)  Lambert Conformal:  IDV can read and plot data when "CF-1.0" is listed
> as the "Conventions" global variable.  However, when I change this to
> "CF-1.4", IDV claims there is no gridded data in the file.
>
> 2)  Mercator:  I've written a netCDF file that uses the Mercator projection,
> but again IDV claims there is no gridded data in the file.

Is this with the convention as CF-1.4?  It should work with a
convention attribute of CF-1.3 or lower because the CoordSysBuilder class
hasn't been updated to recognize the CF-1.4 convention.

> I've placed sample netCDF files on an FTP server (wx1.it-protect.com).
> The username and password are both "demo".  The files are located in the
> "idv" subdirectory:
>
> test_cf1.lc.cf1.0.nc  <===  Lambert Conformal, CF-1.0, works in IDV.
> test_cf1.lc.cf1.4.nc  <===  Lambert Conformal, CF-1.4, doesn't work.
> test_cf1.mercator.nc  <===  Mercator, CF-1.4, doesn't work.

I'm at a conference this week, so it's difficult for me to download
files. I'm going to transfer this to the netcdf-java support box
for them to add CF-1.4 to the list.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: VES-813823
Department: Support netCDF Java