[IDV #XAV-623062]: Sounding display problem

Hi Dan-

> I am using the GFS master data set from the nomad1 server
> on the IDV 3d list for the data set it shows temp. [k], and this is the
> tmpprs field from the GFS master which also shows a unit of Kelvin on the
> server.

Could you send me the URL?  I'm guessing that the problem is that the
GDS server that NOMADS uses in not configured correctly.  They have to
explicitly set the units and sometimes that is not done.  I can contact
them if that is the case, but need the dataset URL so I can confirm.

> should I be changing the default unit on the parameter defaults editor?

That won't help because the units are not being put into the data itself.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: XAV-623062
Department: Support IDV